For Sunday healthy dessert
2 cups raw pecans or walnuts
¼ cup raisins
Pinch of sea salt
6 apples, cored and peeled, chopped into chunks (honey crisp)
7-8 medjool dates pitted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 TBSP Juice of lemon, freshly squeezed
Pinch of nutmeg
2 TBSP chia seeds
¼ cup pecans or walnuts
¼ cup raw coconut sugar
1 tsp coconut oil warmed to a liquid
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put all of the crust ingredients into a food processor fitted with S blade and pulse the mixture a few times and then process until it reaches crumbly and sticky consistency. Do not over process.
- Put mixture into a pie plate and press firmly and evenly with your hands to fill the bottom and the sides of the pie plate like you would with a regular pie crust.
- Transfer the plate into a freezer to set for 30minutes.
- Roughly chop 3 apples, add them to the food processor together with dates, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice
- Pulse the mixture a few times then process for 3-4 minutes to get smooth consistency. You would have to stop the food processor a few times to scrape the sides.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and mix in the chia seeds.
- Chop the remaining 3 peeled and cored apples and chop them into very small pieces.
- Add apples to the liquid apple mixture in a bowl.
- Take out the apple crust from the freezer and fill the crust with the apple mixture.
Apple pie topping:
- Put all of the apple topping ingredients into a food processor. Pulse a few times (20-30) until you get coarse crumble.
- Sprinkle the topping over the pie.
- Transfer to a freezer to set for 1 hour. After that remove the pie and cut into slices.
- Store in the refrigerator.