3/4 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup almond butter
1TBSP coconut oil
1 cup almonds, finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup sprouted gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
1/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
1. In the food processor, pulse the dates until finely chopped
-it should look like a dough consistency. You may also finely chop dates by hand.
2. Add the dates to the bowl, along with the almonds, oats, cranberries and chocolate. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat almond butter over low heat, along with the vanilla extract and coconut oil.
4. When oil is melted, stir to combine, then add to the date mixture and mix well.
5. Line 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and transfer the mixture into the baking dish. Pack down firmly, cover, and chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
6. Slice into 12 bars. You may wrap them individually and store at room temperature, wherever you need a snack.
1 cup almonds
1 and 1/2 cup cashews
2 Tbsp coconut nectar
2Tbsp coconut oil
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cacao powder
1pinch sea salt
- Process almonds and cashews in a food processor until they almost resembles flour like consistency (more or less.)
Add dates, coconut nectar, coconut oil, vanilla extract and process again until dough like.
- Add cacao powder and salt and process again.
Form cookies to a shape of your choice
Healthy Snack Ideas for children
Mid-morning and mid-afternoon are likely snack times- times your child will need refuelling in order to continue being attentive in school or active on the playing field. In keeping with your wholesome meal offerings, prepare snacks that are nutritious and based on grains, fruits, vegetables, and small amounts of protein. Avoid highly refined, sugar-laden foods that don’t provide necessary nutrients.
The following are some ideas for healthful snacks to offer your child.
⎫ Almond butter and celery
⎫ Vegetables and onion dip
⎫ Almond butter
⎫ Vegan “TOONA” wrapped in a whole wheat or corn tortilla ( ask me for a recipe)
⎫ Rice pudding, chia pudding, healthy vegan yogurt ( see my recipes )
⎫ Ezekhiel or spelt bread with sesame seed butter or other nut butters
⎫ Rice cakes with or almond butter and home made apple sauce
⎫ Millet or rice toast with nut butters
⎫ Almond cheese or Walnut hummus with celery, carrots, cucumbers
⎫ Healthy vegan yogurt (coconut is available) with fresh fruit and nuts
⎫ Baked apples with cinnamon
⎫ Carrot sticks with hummas
⎫ Fruit sticks or fruit kabobs
⎫ Organic !!!Corn on the cob only
⎫ Mini pizzas (spelt pita dough topped with tomato sauce, vegetables, and Daiya vegan cheese)
⎫ Cookies made with honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar, vegan truffles
⎫ Smoothies (vegetable or fruit smoothie),
⎫ Organic home made carrot and apple juice or green juice
⎫ Fruit freezes (fruit, ice, and a dab of honey, mixed in a blender)
⎫ Homemade applesauce and nuts
⎫ Almond butter on small slices of fruit
⎫ Hummus and raw crackers ( you may get them Health Food Stores )
⎫ Dry fruits, raisins, cranberries, black currents,
⎫ Nuts : almonds, pecans, brazil, walnuts pistachio- all raw and previously soaked.